This article will show you how to take a SQL Database backup, of which the support team may need from time to time to investigate issues within the software.
You have logged a call with Draycir and one of the support technicians has asked you for a backup of your database.
Steps to follow
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to the SQL instance where your database is
- Navigate Object Explorer to find the database you would like to backup
- Right click the database and follow Tasks -> Back Up...
- On the window that opens up, press on the Add... button
- A smaller window will open with a path on, navigate to a location which you would like to back up to
- Navigate through your folder structure and find the location which you want to save the back up to
- Before you press OK, make sure to type in a file name including the .bak extension
- Once you have done this, press OK on the smaller windows to get back to the Back Up Database window
- Press OK, and that's your SQL database backup made!
All SQL Based Draycir products, this is a generic KB article.
||All SQL Based Draycir Products