Obtaining the HAR File Credit Hound Cloud
In order to obtain the relevant log files to support Credit Hound cloud there will be a requirement for a set of different log files which include Browser based activities.
HAR File – “HAR (HTTP Archive) is a file format used by several HTTP session tools to export the captured data. The format is basically a JSON object with a particular field distribution”
The issue in question needs to be replicated with the aid of the browser-based developer tools.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to the page in Credit Hound where the issue is occurring:
2. Click on: Ellipsis>More Tools>Developer tools (Screen shot below)
3. Click on the Network Tab there you find the record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording
4. Check the box “Preserve Log” & “Disable cache” If it currently unchecked. (Please note a test will have to be carried out with “Disable cache” selected & one without “Disable cache”)
5. Click the clear button to clear out any existing logs from the Network Tab
6. Reproduce the issue that is being experienced in Credit Hound cloud, while the network requests are being recorded.
7.Once the Issue has been reproduced, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests.
8. Select “Save all as HAR with Content” and save the file to the computer. This file can now be attached as part of any log file submission onto Dev Ops for further investigation into a case.