From Spindle Professional v6.15 and onwards, the path to the log files has been configurable using the Windows registry. See KBA-01-02-013 for full details.
In Spindle Document Distribution v7.2 and later, this path can be configured using Spindle Document Distribution Tools.
- Spindle Document Distribution v7.2 and later
Open Spindle Document Distribution Tools and navigate to User Settings>Options
Specify the path to the folder that will hold the log files. This may be specified using a drive letter or using a UNC path.
This field will update the registry key below:
If a path is specified, Spindle Document Distribution will complete the path by appending My Draycir Logs\Spindle Document Distribution to the end.
In the example above, the value is set to C:\Windows\Logs, so Spindle Document Distribution will now save its log files to C:\Windows\Logs\My Draycir Logs\Spindle Document Distribution
Registry Key Behaviour
- If the registry key is specified and the path is valid and the user has the write permission, the log files will be created at the location according to the rules in the above section.
- If the registry key contains an invalid path, then no log files will be created but the target applications should continue to work.
- If the registry key contains a valid path, but the user does not have permissions to either create the needed directories or files at that location, then no files will be created but the target applications should continue to work.
- If the registry key is not specified the user's Documents folder will be used similar to previous versions of Spindle Document Distribution and Spindle Professional.
- If the registry key is specified but either: i) the value is empty OR ii) the values contains just white space, then the user's "Documents" folder will be as in prior versions of Spindle Document Distribution and Spindle Professional.
Spindle Professional v6.15 and later allows this value to be modified by editing the Windows registry the Spindle Document Distribution Tools. Please see KBA-01-02-013 for full details.