You use the Chase Screen to help you telephone your customer to a) find the reason for non-payment and b) set a realistic date for when you'll call back if the payment still doesn't arrive.
Credit Hound, Credit Hound Express for Sage 50
Click Start Chase.
Note: If you have any upcoming call backs, the Outstanding Diary Entries window opens containing details.
Complete - click if you've completed the task.
Remove - click if you no longer want to do it.
Continue Chase - click to ignore this information and chase now.
Cancel Chase - click to return to Chase Screen without chasing.
Note: The option to tag an account with a reason for non-payment and to add a diary entry are only available once you have clicked Start Chase.
Call the customer
- Always identify the person you are speaking to first. This ensures you have accurate records for future chases or in case of queries.
- Your main purpose is to a) find the reason for non-payment and b) set a realistic date for when you'll call back if the payment still doesn't arrive.
Tag the transaction with a reason for non-payment
There are two ways to tag a transaction(s) with a reason for non-payment.
a) Tag a reason for non-payment via the Note Pad
b) Tag a reason for non-payment by right-clicking a transaction
Add a diary entry for your next follow up
To add a diary entry via the Note Pad(Credit Hound v4 and earlier), or the Chase tab (Credit Hound v5 and above)
- In the Account Information section, click the Note Pad tab.
- In Diary Entry, enter the time and date when you will call back. Ensure the Create Reminder check box is ticked.
- In Actions, enter the amount promised. Note: if no money has been promised, enter 0. If you want to enter the total of all remaining overdue invoices, click Analyse Remaining.
To add a diary entry by right-clicking a transaction
- Right click a transaction in the Chase Screen and select Add Call Back. The Select a Call Back window appears. Select a call back reason and click OK. The Call Back window appears.
- Enter the amount promised, and a call back date and time. You can also enter comments.
Save the details
To save via the Note Pad / Chase tab
If you are in Transaction mode, click Assign to Selected (=assign the promised amount to the selected invoice). If you are in Account mode, click Pay in Full.
To save if you have right-clicked a transaction
Click .Save and Close
Knowledge Base Article Details
||Credit Hound, Credit Hound Express for Sage 50
||Chase, Chasing, How-To, Process