When opening Credit Hound, the following message may appear:
'Data Files are wrong version'
This is normally because Sage Accounts has been upgraded, but the settings in Credit Hound Manager have not been updated.
To resolve this, please follow the steps in this article.
To update the accounting module in Credit Hound Manager
Note: This section applies if you were previously using Credit Hound with Sage and have upgraded to a more recent version of Sage. In order to follow these steps, the required version of Sage must first be installed on your computer.
- Start > All Programs > Draycir > Credit Hound > Tools > Credit Hound Manager > enter the default username and password.
- Modules > Accounting Modules > Select the Accounting Module you wish to configure > choose the required version of Sage Accounts, for example Sage 50 Accounts v23 > select the Enable host system module check box.
- Default Username > enter a Sage Accounts username that can access all companies > Default Password > enter the password for that username > OK.
- Setup > Companies > select the company you want to upgrade > Change Accounting System Connector > Yes > select the required version of Sage Accounts, for example Sage 50 Accounts v23 > OK.
- Company Settings > Company Name > from the drop-down list, select the correct company > OK.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each company > close Credit Hound Manager.
You've successfully updated the accounting module and can now start using Credit Hound.
If the above does not work, or the accounting module for your version of sage cannot be found, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Credit Hound. In this case, please contact your partner or Draycir Support.