This guide contains steps to upgrade older versions of Spindle Professional to Spindle Professional 6.
1. Open Spindle Professional Tools > User Settings > Options. Highlight the path displayed and right-click - copy. Paste this path into Windows Explorer to be displayed with the parent directory of the SpindlePro folder.
2. Right-click on the SpindlePro folder and Send to > Compressed (zip) folder. You've now taken a backup of the SpindlePro folder.
3. Ascertain you have admin privileges and run the Spindle 6 installer over the existing installation
4. Once the installer has finished, open Spindle Professional Tools. You will now be prompted to upgrade the database.
5. Upgrading the database will render other users of Spindle unable to use Spindle until they've been upgraded also. Proceed with the database upgrade and let it run.
6. You will need a new licence key to use with Spindle 6. This can be obtained from the licence team (email@example.com).
Knowledge Base Article Details
|Related Product||Spindle Professional|
|Original Author||Vince Hodgson|
|Update Author||Vince Hodgson|